Seven years ago today I woke up to a hauntingly beautiful morning which changed our world and in many ways didn't. When Bryan and I heard what was being reported on NPR we didn't believe it and had to turn on the news. We were living on 4th street then with Matt, Gabe, and Keith and I had a 9 o'clock budism class. We heard them report as the 2nd tower came down and we couldn't believe what was happening was really happening.
The leaves had just started changing colors and the sky was intense, crisp and cool. As I walked to class it was amazing to me that I could see such pain reflected in everyone's faces, yet the day was so beautiful. To this day it amazes me. I don't remember much of what happened to me , but I remember the colors of the leaves and the sky. Rust and bright cloudless blue.
We have no ceremonies sponsored by students happening on campus today. It seems like most of us, me included, are so caught up in the craziness of our day to remember the innocence we lost on that crisp fall day.
Twitter Updates
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Beautifully written.
Post a Comment